Thursday, September 6, 2012

Knowing Where to Look....

   
I found that the CIA World Factbook was an appropriate site to use for a research paper. I feel it talked about the almost everything going on in our world today.

I did not find PBS.org to be a useful site either. It seemed to tell more about stories than facts.

Although I then stumbled across a site called, theforbiddenknowledge.com, which seemed like it would make an interesting research topic, because it talked of major money makers and media who work together to control our everyday lives.

I did not like nasa.gov however; it looked like it was made for games more than research in my opinion. It would’ve made for a very good primary research source.

I then found cnn.com, and although it did have lots of information I wouldn’t like to use it as a source, because the media is known to lie about many things and so are sites like, nytimes.com and foxnews.com.

Wikipedia is a very trusted and well known site in my opinion and I would trust to use it for my research, because of its vast information. But it is known by me that Wikipedia is not allowed to be used for research unless given prior permission.

And then there was schickhumangeo.blogspot.com….. It can be very useful to find things from homework to what we went over that day in class; but it doesn’t quite have all the information in the world that I might need. Then again though, it did lead me to all those other sites, so it can also be very useful for helping you research. Overall it can be a very useful site when you know what to look for!

No comments:

Post a Comment